(unknown charset) Little pigs!

From: (nil)
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2005 16:12:45 EST

I'm in substantial agreement with Jeff, not knowing much about the region myself.

> Thanks! Just some clarifications - rememember, I am writing from the poi=
nt
> of view of modern (such as it is) Wenelia and am of the opinion that the
> ancient history and pre-history is not as important as it is made out to =
be.
> This is especially true in light of the devastation the area suffered
> in Darkness and at the Sinking (of Slontos).

I am enjoying the debate on the various origins of Wenelian peoples and thin= k
that an enterprising GM could paraphrase the various arguments into a debate between Wenelians, who would clearly have different views of their own origi= ns
and debate them hotly.

I like Peter's point on the variety of cultures within the Empire, Prax and Sartar (espcially the archaic hellenoids - ouch! they should get some cream = for
those) and it seems to me that there are plenty of reasons for a mix of cultures in Maniria. One could propose a lits that had Stag worshippers, Li= on
worshippers, refugee Slontans, Beaver venerators,=20 Helerings, Durevings,......seven
different tribes of pig peoples (inlcuding the runt), and make it a feature.

My own preference would be for five piggies as that is the number of toes I have on one foot - the Trader Princes are obviously in cahoots with one trib= e,
another have powerful landscape deity in their Home land, one feasts on the flesh of bovine creatures, while another views this practice as taboo. The fifth tribe became the Heortlings.

Keith