Re: Glorantha Digest, Vol 11, Issue 55

From: Oliver Bernuetz <bernuetz_at_mb.sympatico.ca>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 07:33:14 -0600

Andrew asked:

> Anyway, "Troy" gets a pass for being "the 2005 Greek flick that isn't
> 'Alexander'." Anybody see that? I hear it manages to suck in *every*
> way, which isn't easy.

Ugh, don't remind me. I was supposed to playing a game of Warhammer but my opponent cancelled at the last minute so my wife said, "Why don't you go see Alexander instead?" Bad move/movie. It didn't suck in "everyway", the costumes and sets were great and the actress that played Roaxanne was a total babe. But other than that...yeah it sucked. Nadir - big fight in India, Alexander manages to get his horse to charge the elephants, heroic rush through the purple tinged forest (beats me), and then Alexander gets his horse to rear and so does the elephant. After manfully suppressing my disgust I couldn't hold a snort in any longer.

Thankfully I saw the cinematic train wreck at a cheap theatre.

Oliver