RE: Orlanthi and the Seas

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 08:05:09 +0100

> However, many of the Orlanthi core myths come from the Storm
> Age when
> Kerofinela was surrounded by the seas (which were later
> defeated by Orlanth
> and the Storm Tribe). Even the Orlanthi of Saird have myths
> about the seas trying to conquer them.
> Jeff

Ah! So we still have the cultural influence, without the actuality. Fine. And more or less fits us today - I know plenty of stories/myths about being raided by Vikings, but I've never yet had one turn up on my doorstep. And yes, they did come this far inland. Very shallow draught on those longships. There's a camp just down the road from me, now a pleasant place to eat cream teas by the river.

End of Glorantha Digest, Vol 11, Issue 163