Re: Glorantha Digest, Vol 11, Issue 164

From: Labrygon_at_aol.com
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 07:21:15 EDT

In a message dated 19/05/2005 9:00:53 PM AUS Eastern Standard Time, glorantha-request_at_rpglist.org writes:

Jane says:
> A series of scenario books laying out that area of history for use would be
> nice, perhaps?

Personally, I thinks there's fun to be had in many more Gloranthan time zones. I know I've said this before but just in case anyone missed it.

If I had time (or more optimistically "when I get time")to run a game again I'll be considering a number of historical options:

Balastor's Last Stand, and the start of the Inhuman Occupation of Pavis.

The Opening of the Oceans - with players as the band of heroes who opened the seas (1580).

Between the End of EWF and the Dragonkill.

Bat Trek - the voyages of the Crimson goddess steed - to glowing glow where no bat has glowed before! Captain Kirkius, Spockdevu, moon-beam me up and the rest.

I think The Tarsh Civil War is also excellent fun (but I've done it as a boardgaem scenario) and Takenegi's quest ot escape from and defeat Sheng might be good fun with players as heroic Lunars trying to find disguised emperors and avoid hideous death by Pentan warlords.

Keith