RE: The word "pharaoh"

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 17:09:13 +0100

> > From: Kajabor <kajabor_at_yahoo.com>
> adds
>
> > I also didn't like that he called the Pharoah's
> > musicians "The Beatles," and his low-priced furniture store "Ikea."
>
> If this has ever appeared in print, it is not from me.
>
> =====
> Sincerely,
> Greg Stafford

Of course not, Greg. Your bad puns and C20 references are at least one stage more subtle - witness "Nochet", and "Corflu". And the "Outrageous Fortune" bowyers, back in Pavis.

Anyway, Kajabor got it wrong - the Beatles are a *trollish* group, obviously, based in the Shadow Plateau. Yes, they tour the whole of the Holy Country, but they're not the Pharoa/aoh's musicians except in the sense that anything in that land belongs to him. In most other areas, producing "music" by hitting giant be(a/e)tles with a mace is regarded as a novelty, nothing more. The traditional tuned trollkin are still vastly more popular.

Is it just me, or have several people's irony-detection systems gone on the blink recently?