Re: Inside the mind of a warrior Dragonnewt

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 17:50:22 +0100 (BST)

> I got stumped last night by one of my players!! He
> attempted to mind read a Dragonnewt that seemed
> intent on his life. I said that he could see the
> dragonnewt eating flesh from the carcas of a human,
> and a glimpse of the Dragonkill. As you can see I
> was clutching at straws!
>
> Anyone got other ideas about what Dragonnewts think
> about? Should their mind be blank?? Unfathomable?

I think they probably ought to be incomprehensible to humans. I mean, to understand draconic speech, humans used to have their brains split in half as well as their tongues. This is isn't just like trying to understand a different human culture, or even understand trolls, this is *weird*.

Even vision will be odd, I think. We're not sure dragonnewts use the same 3D geometry as the rest of us. Back when I was temporally closer to a degree that included General Relativity and so on, I postulated that they use the same *four* dimensions as us, only the one they treat like we treat Time is one of the others. Or something...

You might want to give him at least a slight headache from trying that. Some interesting psychosis would seem only reasonable. He might find he's suddenly left-handed, if that appeals? Or that looking at things with his left eye gives different results from looking with his right?

Jane Williams