Re: Diamond in Glorantha

From: Gianfranco Geroldi <giangero_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 15:19:39 +0100 (CET)

> I was wondering if diamond had any
> of the impact that iron seems to have had on
> Gloranthan societies?

In my glorantha (as interpreted from Elder Secrets box set), diamonds are refined truestones (=adamant). They are not simple expensive gems like in the real world.

> Does diamond have any useful properties that are
> usable by non-Mostali
> craftsmen or magicians?

Diamonds are indestructable (i.e. Arkat's Unbreakable Sword was made of Adamant) but do not suck one's magic as unrefined truestone does.
How do you craft an unbreakable material? I believe this task is not for mortal races.
Only orthodox mostali can work adamant and they do it only for their World Machine.
Any piece of adamant or object made of adamant is priceless (even if you own a gold visa/mastercard) and probably craved for by assorted
cults/warlords/demigods.

Ciao,
Gian

Yahoo! Mail: gratis 1GB per i messaggi e allegati da 10MB http://mail.yahoo.it