[OT] cambios en yahoo

Write haof XML files: Raúl <rielves_at_...>
Fecha: Thu, 07 Aug 2003 07:47:44 +0000

Hola

Esto ha salido en otra lista, referente a los cambios que se van a producir en yahoo....

Saludos

Raul

On August 7, 2003, we will be implementing service changes as part of our efforts to ensure that all Yahoo! Groups members enjoy the same high-quality service. A brief description of the changes appears below. They include:

Add Members:
· Although there is no membership limit for your Yahoo! Groups, we
will be lowering the limits on use of the Add Members feature to 10 email addresses per day. If you need to add more than this, please use the Invite Members feature
This page describes recent changes to the Add Members feature of Yahoo! Groups, and outlines who is affected by the changes and what other options are available.

How has the Add Members feature changed? The Add Members limits have been reduced from 100 per group per day to 10 per day. The limit of 10 per day applies both to an individual group and an individual moderator. Please note that the Invite Members feature is not affected by this change.

Example 1: If you have 2 groups, you may add 10 members per day to one group, or 5 to each.

Example 2: If there are two moderators for your group who add members, one of you may add 10 per day to the group, or each of you may add 5 per day, etc.

Who is affected by this change?
Only group moderators who add more than 10 members per day to their groups using the Add Members feature (again, the Invite Members feature is not affected). This represents a very small percentage of Groups users.

What if I need to add more than 10 members per day to my groups? If you need to add more than 10 members per day to your group, you may use the Invite Members feature, which has no limits on usage.

Why did you make these changes?
The Add Members daily limits have been lowered to help protect our members from spam abuse. The lower limits will have no impact on most group owners and will ensure a higher quality of service for all of our users

Messages:
· Yahoo! Groups will continue to deliver all attachments sent via
email, however, the attachments will no longer be archived in the Messages area. You may continue to upload files and images in the Files and Photos areas of your groups. Please re-upload any attached files you would like to preserve to the Photos or Files areas of your group. On August 7, all attachments in the Messages area will be permanently removed, and Yahoo! will be unable to retrieve such data. Please note: All of your group messages will remain. Only the attachments will be deleted.
This page describes recent changes to the Messages area of Yahoo! Groups, outlines who is affected by the changes, and list the other options are available.

How has the Messages area changed?
Yahoo! Groups will continue to deliver attachments sent via email, however, the attachments will no longer be archived within the Messages area. You may continue to upload files and images in the Files and Photos areas of your groups. Please upload any attachments you would like to preserve to the Photos or Files areas of your groups. On August 7, all attachments from the Messages area will be permanently removed and Yahoo! will be unable to retrieve such data.

Who is affected by this change?
This change applies to all groups. However, only members who view attachments in the Messages section will be affected by the change. Again, please remember that email attachments will continue to be delivered to members who receive email messages from the group.

Why did you make these changes?
We implemented a number of service changes that will allow us to continue offering a compelling, high-quality, and free service. Going forward, the Messages area will be used only for sharing textbased  content, such as newsletters and discussions.

What if I do not move my group's files from the Messages section to the Files or Photos areas before they are removed? Can I get them back?
Moderators should move any files they wish to keep to the Files and Photos areas immediately. Unfortunately, once the files are deleted from the Messages section, they cannot be recovered.

Will messages with attachments be deleted? Please note: all of your group messages will remain. Only the attachments will be deleted.

Files/Photos
· A web membership to a group will be required to access the Files
and Photos areas for that particular group. This page describes recent changes to the Files/Photos areas of Yahoo! Groups and outlines who is affected by the changes and what other options are available.

How have the Files/Photos area changed?
Web membership to a group will be required to access that group's Files and Photos areas. This means that people can no longer access content in those areas without being a member of the group. Groups with Files/Photos set to "public" will be changed to "members only."

Who is affected by this change?
The only groups affected by this change are those that have the Files and Photos areas set to "public," which is not the standard setting for the group. This represents a small percentage of total groups.

Please note that there is no limit on the number of people who may access the Files and Photos areas of your group; however, they must be both registered Yahoo! users and members of the group.

Groups with the Files/Photos areas configured to something other than "Public" (Limited, Moderators, or Off) will remain unaffected.

How do I ensure I can access the Files and Photos areas of a group? To access the Files and Photos areas, please make sure you are registered with Yahoo! (if you have a Yahoo! log-in ID, you are already registered.) Secondly, make sure that you have web memberships for your group (as opposed to just belonging to a group email list.)

· New members: Go to the group home page and join. For example, go
to "http://groups.yahoo.com/group/groupname" where "groupname" is the actual name of the group you'd like to join.

· Existing members: To make sure you have web memberships to all of
your groups, please visit the following page: <http://groups.yahoo.com/memwiz>
What other options do members have?
You can add photos to your Yahoo! Photos account <http://photos.yahoo.com>, which allows you to share your images with family and friends.

Este archivo fue generado por hypermail