HW & winging it & rules questions

From: Steve Lieb <styopa_at_...>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 15:47:07 -0800

I think in one sense HW *will* require more winging it by the GM, but I think will also LEND itself to such.
(Contrary to RQ: "Well, you find yourself facing 26 angry pirates [that
i don't have the stats for] so hold on for 3 or 4 hours whilst I roll them up...")

So here's the first rulesy question:
I understand that you can spend points to increase your abilities. How does it progress at the breakpoint: 18-19-20-1w-2w? or 18-19-1w-2w
(in effect 2 steps, sort of...)

Finally, I sat down and cracked out a conversion of a longstanding RQ character I had, using the 100 word system (I've been accused of being a wordy bastard, so my problem was keeping it to 100 words).

I had a number of questions, mainly "hey, am I doing this right?" that I sent in to Greg and co. I'll try to find the email tonight and send it in - the character background, the 100-word 'distillation' and the resultant skill list, and you guys can all throw tomatoes at him. :)