Hated rules

From: Gian Gero <giangero_at_...>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 16:31:30 GMT

Hi to everybody,

Keith wrote:
>This is a general problem with most rule systems - simulating the world and
> >people in it in a way that reflects the beliefs of the people using the
>rules >in a reasonable way. I don't think RQ did it brilliantly - I am
>still not >convinced by the 'falling damage' rule for example. It would be
>nice to get a >bit of consistency though.

I hated the Knockback rules (quite the same subject). But I agree it is quite an unresolvable problem, with rules that claim to simulate the real worlds laws. I used to say, when seriously pressed by my players, that RW rules might be different from Gloranthan Physic World. I did not managed to escape mutiny on every instance, on the opposite hand ;-)

Ciao
Gian