Re: Character Generation - long

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 13:00:11 -0500

"Michael W. Ryan" wrote:

> Great, Wesley. That really illustrated it well for me. A couple more
> questions, though.
>
> 1) How would you describe (either in RQ percentiles or adjectives) ability
> scores of 13, 17, 1w, and 5w?

My own rule of thumb is 'divide by 3 and add 6'. RQ - Joe stickpicker: 30-40 % Spear
HW - Joe Stickpicker: 15 Spear

Conversion (30/3)+6=16 Okay... A bit high but that's fine.

RQ - Tuffus Lunarus, Centurion 120% hack into minestrone with scimitar HW - Tough Solidier 5W2 ( or 10 W2 for instance)

Conversion (120/3)+6 = 46 = 6W2

Hey, its rough but it works. Kinda. Sorta. If you have one eye closed. But it was useful ina fast and dirty convert of Rainbow Mounds to HW.

For magic, I wave my arms a lot! (grin)

> 2) All I've seen for weapons and armor so far have been notable items,
> like the black iron sword. What would an ordinary broadsword be rated at?

Rating 3. A heavy broadsword or a Sharp broadsword would be a 4

Iron... well.. I think Iron's an automatic +2 rank and causes a 50% edge of bid points to our friends the Trolls and Elves.

> Sorry for all the questions. I'm really curious about Hero Wars, and the
> synopsis doesn't really present it well.

I hope this helps. Its off the cuff but its what I used.

Jeff