Re: Character Generation - long

From: Michael W. Ryan <mryan_at_...>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 19:58:11 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 22 Feb 2000, W. Quadros wrote:

> ***Disclaimer, YGMV!!***

I'm sorry, but I can resist asking: would that be "You Game May Vary" or "Your Glorantha May Vary"? :)

> This is hard to answer. Do mean conceptually? (90% = Runelord) or do
> mean actual chance to succeed? (10/20 = 50%/100%)

I meant conceptually, so your answer was exactly what I'm looking for.

> HW says that in a medium power world the clan champion is 10w-10ww in
> his combat. The clan stormvoice would be similar in his storm. The
> tribal champion is 10ww-10www in his combat.

I'm actually very glad that this is addressed in the rules (and I wish it had been addressed in the synopsis). It really helps to have, with such a conceptual rating system, to have well-defined points of reference.

Thanks, Wesley. You've been a great help. Everyone who's been answering my questions has help in selling me on the new system. I'll definitely be picking it up when it's released.

Michael W. Ryan, MCP, MCT     | OTAKON 2000
mryan_at_...              | Convention of Otaku Generation
http://www.netaxs.com/~mryan/ | http://www.otakon.com/

PGP fingerprint: 7B E5 75 7F 24 EE 19 35 A5 DF C3 45 27 B5 DB DF PGP public key available by fingering mryan_at_... (use -l opt)