Some questions

From: Tadaaki Kakegawa <yelmalio_at_...-net.ne.jp>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 07:14:42 +0900

 Hi,

 Last weekend I played HW with my friends. It was very fun, and  preparation for scenario was much easier than that in RQ (especially  about NPC statistics). That is very important to me ...

 Follows are questions I was asked from players.

  1. How powerful Ability is? --- for example, one of Issaries trader tried to convince Humakti to withdraw from undead by using his Lie 10w ability. Rules says penalty would be -1 to -10, but it is easy to win a contest by 10w ability with -10 penalty. But it is not likely humakti agree such a thing. How should I resolve it?
  2. Feat --- what is difference between Divine Magic in RQ and Feat in HW? Feat is instant magic like Divine Magic, or need ritual and take some time? And players must determine effect of feats by themselves? For example, rules has no explanation for what Truesword Stroke is like. So we determine that it double stake in next exchange if he wins. Or should it be simple augmentation, as rules say "Basically Feats are augmentation" etc. ?
  3. Order of action --- in Group Extended contest, hero who has high AP can take firster action. If AP change in a exchange, order of action also change? (ex. Hero with AP 14 is defeated in a exchange and now AP is 9. In this situation, can a trolkin with AP 12 take action faster than this hero?)

 Regards,

 Tadaaki Kakegawa AKA MALION

                       e-mail:   yelmalio_at_...-net.ne.jp
                       http://www.glorantha.to/~tome