Re: about this list

From: Timothy Byrd <timbyrd_at_...>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 14:59:27 -0800

> Yes. This is the descendant of the RQ-Rules list, where you get
> everything from the Alternate Earth setting to RQ-Greyhawk!
>
> This is a discussion area for the SYSTEM. If you have a question
about
> "what would the HW keywords be for a Roman Centurion?" - go for it.

Thanks, right now I'm torn between running a Celtic game, and one set the world of Gene Wolfe's "Soldier of the Mist". (A magical variant of Greece around the battle of Thermopylae.)

After the last few years of reading the Glorantha digest, a lot of the magic is gone due to what I see as deconstruction/reconstruction. Though I admit there is still some appeal in the ducks and in Onslaught. (I wonder if Martin L. allows him to make guest appearances...)

I think I'm going to try to write up my current RQ character for HW. While there is no hero questing as such, the overall power level is higher than any other RQ game I've played. Since he's been through a campaign in one world, and we are powering up for the climactic battle in this campaign, I guess I can use more than 100 words. Well, we'll see if I even get that many. (And now I have to go dig out his backstory...)

'No one comes to this plain,' said Emer to CuChulain, 'without leaping the hero's salmon-leap, bringing out two women with their weight in gold and silver, and at one blow slaying three times nine men but saving one man in each group of nine.'