Re: Pantheistic Gloranthans?

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2000 09:22:56 -0500

> [a lot of good suggestions about the efficacy of "pantheic" worship
> snipped, to which I completely agree. I would however think most
> penalties would be in the -20 to -30 range - there should be good
> mythical reasons for sticking to your "own" god. Are the gods of a
> pantheon jealous of each other? A good question for the Digest]

Hmmm. Yes, with Worship being such an easy skill to raise, I'd be concerned. However if you only allow the initiate to use shared or similar *AFFINITIES* then we could probably do this.

Remember, a magical affinity is a kind of magic you know how to do. If you don't know the affinity, then you don't have a lot of luck with that sort of magic.

At that point, a -15 penalty would work fine. Afterall, Affinities are VERY expensive to raise and a Worship Skill can be raised very, very readily.

Jeff