Actual Rules Question!

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2000 12:04:00 -0500

One thing that has bothered me.

How do you handle it when one side has missles and some of another does not?

What skill will the dfending PC use against the incoming slings and arrow? The Player wanted his sword and shield skill to count but since he's a the local humakti, that makes him pretty rough... And he could conceiveably get a *transfer* in this sort of state which seems ludicrous. Perhaps Sheld and Weapon (any weapon) with an improvised penalty depending on your shield's size and whether the missle is thrown (slow and a -10 penalty) or device driven (fast and a -15 penalty) -- or is this too vicious on my part?

I am not sure what sort of skill one should use but I am very uncomfortable with Transfers when one side cannot effectively fight back. Usually, just say that the defender can't transfer from the shooter, but anything else is valid (hey, he could whack his head with the sling). Of course, with no transfers allowed in this sort of situation, the shooters will happily Wound the opposition.

Also, I'm tired of the biggest fighter on the PC side 'powering up' by eating the trollkin (or minor bandits or whatever). Players are starting to call them 'popcorn.' The only solution I have is to invoke the leader fighting with followers rule to make the PC fight the group at a multiple opponents penalty.

Jeff