Re: Inigo Montoya

From: Michael Cule <mikec_at_...>
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2000 00:24:51 +0000

>That is, IMO, an ability called ""Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya.
> You killed my father - prepare to die." 15W (or however powerful you think
>it is).
>
>It is fairly useless except against people who killed your father, and even
>then only if your name is Inigo Montoya, and EVEN THEN it cannot be augmented
>by surprise attacks. Pretty crummy skill, especially once it has been used
>successfully. (perhaps it converts to "I'm the guy who killed the guy that
>killed Inigo Montoya", or "vengeance taker".)

I think that in HW terms, Inigo's obsession is an edge or a bonus applied to specific situations. If he can focus what he is doing on his quest to avenge his father he is better than he has a right to be. His dedication to learning the sword is a long term example. His rising from defeat to slice and dice his father's killer is a short term one.

--
Michael Cule