Re: Howdy all

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2000 09:44:30 -0500

Roderick Robertson wrote:

> Hi Gang.
>
> Update on the rules -
> My job (editor & chief bottle washer) is done, which means that I have
> time to answer questions about the rules (which will be one function of
> my relationship with Issaries). The rules are ready for layout, which
> will take several weeks (it's really two books), then on to the
> printer.
>
> For those of you who don't know me, I'm the one that brought HW to its
> current state (with the nelp of quite a few other people, but it was my
> fingers on the keyboard, ultimately...)
>
> Do I think it will come out in March? Personally, no. I've done layout,
> and dealt with printers. April or May is very realistic, however. It
> depends on the speed of layout, any changes to layout that we spot in
> the final files, and how fast the printer can turn it around.
>
> I'll be monitoring the list, and jumping in with answers if necessary.
> Greg & I were talking today about the Glorantha.com list, and what it
> is likely to be (a newbie-friendly place, moderated, so that even if
> someone pops with the 57th iteration of a question, he doesn't get
> blasted by RQ grognards with "we've been over that already").
>
> Anyway, glad to see this list is humming,
> Roderick

THE DOCTOR IS IN! (Five Cents)

(Muted Hurrah)

I have a few questions, mostly trivial. One of which is this -- are the Humakti Geases stackable? They seem fairly obnoxious if they are, especially if one uses a slower PendragonPass-ish passage of time (a few adventures a year). The differnece between a % based system and an AP based system can be dramatic in this instance.

Also, in the new Heortling Keywords, there was no Urox? He being saved for later?

If Initiates cannot buy the feats of their god but can get the feats of a subcult, that seems... wierd, especially if one treats something like Hedkoranth as a Subcult of Orlanth. Or is Orlanth Adventurous considered a subcult as well? I admit, it seemed simple until I started thinking about the matter....

Jeff