Re: Chapters 1-3, Ethlirist

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2000 11:16:30 -0500

> "Weihe, David" wrote:
>
> > Geeze, thoseBHT guys are nasty. Like an unholy cross between
> Cromwell's
> > Puritans and French Heavy Cavalry. But its good that there's a
> Sorcery
> > using Culture close to Dragon Pass (yes, I know the Lunars use it
> but
> > its not their main ModusOperandi).
>
> What do we need the French Heavy Cavalry for? Cromwell's cavalry was
> just as effective as the rest of the New Model Army. Disiplined
> cavalry,

Point taken. However, unlike the New Model Army, these fellows are unning around in full armor. However, they are probably as disciplined as the New Model Army was. Which, in Dragon Pass, is probably horrifying all by itself.

> < shudder > ! That ought to be an automatic edge to attacks vs Hold
> Fyrd
> or Maintain Phalanx, right there.

Would probably give an edge in tactics and maneuver and *not* charging when provoked. All that neat well-disciplined stuff that really hurts undisciplined neighbors (like the Grazelanders!)

It looks very vile yes. I'm quite impressed. But the religion just drips Puritanism. Its quite interesting. And the Rider/Steed relationship is pretty interesting as well. I am somehow reminded of the Black Company, but that's probably just because both are mercenaries and the word black is used....

Jeff