Re: Actual Rules Question!

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_...>
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2000 22:25:02 -0800

"steve lieb" <styop-_at_...> wrote:

> I know this would be a MAJOR rules change, but is it that
inconceivable
> that we cap people at their starting AP as the MOST they can have at
> the end of a contest? So effectively winning AP from the other guy
> doesn't really "help" you (for the NEXT contest)? You could possibly
> allow them to range freely up the AP scale WITHIN that single contest,
> but when they restart, it resets to the cap.

Transfers don't happen all that often with the latest rules I've played with (they were a problem with earlier drafts). It's possible to end up with more than you started with, but not that likely.

Keep in mind that new contests *always* start with your starting APs. You're probably talking about a long extended contest?

> I'm still having trouble getting my brain around why a guy who's just
> fought his way through a band of carls should be multiple TIMES more
> effective afterward than before?

Against all your carls he certainly would be!