Re: Chapters 1-3, Ethlirist

From: Weihe, David <Weihe_at_...>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2000 11:56:05 -0500

> I was rather surprised at the puritan outlook of the BHT.
> Not what you expect of a mercenary company (rather of a
> bunch of fanatics fighting for a Cause). Btw, is Ethilrist
> himself as puritanical as his underlings?

If he is anything like Cromwell was, he is probably less puritanical in private than in public. Cromwell loved singing Christmas carols at home, but banned its celebration as being pagan-influenced. I doubt that he burned a Yule log, though.

OTOH, given that he has severed himself from all his original ties to common humanity, it may be that he is even worse than the worst BHT wizard, by now, due to the bitterness of always looking on at others' pleasures that can no longer join.

That last paragraph brought to you by Keener Than, who reminds you that just because some son of a %^*#& goes to Hell and back doesn't mean that he is better than anyone else.