Re: hw-rules digest

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2000 09:28:10 -0500

Roderick and Ellen Robertson wrote:

> >> The multiple attacker penalty is assigned when you have to make the
> second
> >> (or more) *Defense* in a round. So if You & I are attacking Julan and Joe
> >> Lunar, we could both beat on Julan, and not attack Joe. Julan and Joe can
> >> each attack a different person, or they can also gang up on one guy
> >> (preferably you, not me!).
>
> > So, what happens if you don't defend? A straight 14 resistance by the
> > lucky attacker?
>
> Speaking personally I'd give it a 6 resistance, possibly less if this was
> the last of a series of defenses. Don't let the players use the rules to
> screw up the game. If they were down to 9 because they had defended multiple
> times, I wouldn't give them a bonus for *not* defending!
>
> RR

You are a very nasty man. I like you. My players do not like you. I have blamed you for this.

(grin)

But hey, its a better interpretation than I had. Especially if they are ignoring someone. Actually, how I treated it was '14 defence but no downside' -- ie, the attacker couldn't suffer any defeat penalties. It seemed to work well. And it meant that the pc's were going to get some damage in on a fellow they were ignoring.

Jeff