Re: Skirmishes

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2000 09:50:28 -0800

> >Trollkin mob 12 (60AP) - the mob won't hit any better, but it can make
> >larger bids, and absorb more "hits". Also note that this slightly favors
> >the Player hero, since the entire mob makes 1 attack, thus the trollkin
*do
> >not* get the multiple attacker benefits.
>
> I thought they could multiply attack - at least, would you not treat them
as
> 1 trollkin with a bunch of followers?

There is no "right way" - it all depends on the situation and the needs of the story. The difference between one-with-followers and a mob is that if you defeat the mob, they all pretty much suffer the same level of defeat. If you defeat one-with-followers, he suffers the stated level of defeat, and his followers all suffer one level worse. If you don't care what happens to the opponents once they are defeated, then the two ways of running it are identical (one attacker with a single ability rating but many AP).

RR-as-editor