Re: limitting oponent skill and gambling 0 AP

From: Hibbs, Philip <philip.hibbs_at_...>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 15:24:20 -0000

>Great Troll has 'Great Axe' at 10w2 and 'Witty Repartie' at 6.
>Oscar Wilde has 'Witty Repartie' at 10w2 and 'slap' at 6.
>In HW they are evenly matched.

No, I don't think so. Whoever starts the contest gets to choose the initial skills that APs are determined from. So, if the troll has 30AP, Oscar has 6, and vice versa. If Oscar gets to start the contest by taunting the troll, then the troll just lets him win, and then chops Oscar into salami in a separate contest. The troll suffers penalties at social skills for having been humiliated, Oscar is dead.

Philip Hibbs http://www.snark.freeserve.co.uk/ Opinions expressed may not even be my own, let alone those of any organisations, nations, species, or schools of thought to which I may be affiliated.