Re: limitting oponent skill and gambling 0 AP

From: Richard Develyn <Richard.Develyn_at_...>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 15:51:46 -0000

From: Hibbs, Philip [mailto:philip.hibbs_at_...]

>Once someone has been defeated, the referee decides the consequences of the
>defeat. If the consequences are incapacitation or death, then you can't
start a
>new contest. However, if the consequences are humiliation, then you can.

Fair enough, though I would have thought that a humiliated troll wouldn't just jump back at you with his axe again.

I thought that the point of failure was that as far as you were concerned you weren't going to win using your particular skill. I thought that failure meant that you believed yourself deficient rather than unlucky. I suppose I might allow the troll to try to kill you with its bare hands next, but if that failed he'd probably give up.

Otherwise, in a contest where you've got nothing to lose, you just carry on until you win.

There are some things you can't try again and again, aren't there. I distinctly remember reading some rule or other about this.

Richard