Oscar vs Great Troll

From: Kmnellist_at_...
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2000 09:45:35 EST

In a message dated 3/11/00 9:33:40AM, you write:

<< If Oscar gets to start the contest by taunting the troll,  then
>the troll just lets him win, and then chops Oscar into salami in a separate
>contest. The troll suffers penalties at social skills for having been
>humiliated, Oscar is dead.

 Ah, now, I didn't think that's how it was supposed to work.

 At least I didn't think that once you'd run out of APs you could just replay  the encounter back to full APs again.

I agree that in 'normal' encounter you shouldn't be able to just lose then contest another ability. This is, in part, be up to the Heroes and Narrator and must be a result of their victory. If Oscar finishes his humiliation of the troll by saying - "go back to your filthy pit you snivelling great hulk and suck the marrow from rats bones" then the troll should clearly go and do that. If Oscar says something like "go and prove to me that you can do more than whimper like an aldyami" then this could be construed as a reasonable case for the troll attacking. Alternatively Oscar might taunt the troll to attack him without his big axe and with his hands tied behind his back, which would give the Troll player the option of sulking of back to his pit, or actually trying the hands tied behind his back without a big axe fighting style.

Keith N