Re: Hit Points (a suggestion)

From: Michael Cule <mikec_at_...>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 12:18:26 +0000

In message <B11F77E6C587D311A8FB009027D5FBEF127920_at_...>, Richard Develyn <Richard.Develyn_at_...> writes
>I would also like to suggest that HW differentiates between opposed actions
>and resisted ones. Only opposed actions are resolved using the extended
>contest, resisted ones use the simple contest. Archery should be resisted,
>not opposed. You roll your attack, he rolls his 'dodge', and the result is
>then referenced against the wound table above.

Works for me, but then I'm in favour of treating all combat like this and restoring something like your 'damage levels' idea directly to the game. Except that people would have varying 'ability to take damage' traits and it could be increased both by experience and magical means.

--
Michael Cule