Re: Resisting Beffudle

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 13:52:05 -0500

Nick Hollingsworth wrote:

> KYER, JEFFREY (16th):
> > Casting a spell... Either that or invoking a feat is an
> > unrelated action, so you are vulnerable for that round.
>
> 'Unrelated action', is that a game term, or am I being dim? Whats it mean?

Yes, its a game term. It means you're not engaging in the contest, you're doing something else. I could be using the term incorrectly here -- but befuddle magics are often 'all or nothing' feats, unlike whacking somene with a pointy stick.

Unrelated actions are things like running away, helping a friend (lending ap's, tossing him sword, augmenting him), helping your self -- getting out that sword you didn't think you'd need, augmenting yourself.... Anythying that's not directly related to the contest at hand.

Of course, sometimes you can just change the skill you are using -- its situational.

At least, that's my take on the matter. I'd heartily reccomend reading the first three chapters of HeroWars on www.glorantha.com would give a better grounding in the game terms? That's what I had to do, to get things vaguely straight in my head. And that way you'll have the information to hand as well.

Jeff Kyer