Re: Magic

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 09:16:42 -0800

> What's the difference between an affinity and an ability - i.e. a
magically
> granted ability and a mundane ability?
>
> I know you can use the magical one to enhance the mundane one, but what
> about if you haven't got the mundane one at all?

You can usually use the Magic one at it's target number.

> Maybe someone could give some examples, or something.

If you know the Mile Javelin Throw feat, and know the Javelin ability, you can use either one, or you can use the magic to augment the mundane (but not the mundane to augment the magic).

If you know the Mile Javelin Throw feat, but don't know the Javelin ability, you can still use the feat (though it may have an improvisational penalty if you are throwing it at somene, say, only 20 yards away from you...).

RR