Very basic questions about AP bidding

From: M.Dawson <mdawson_at_...>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 08:26:32 -0800

Hello new friends and old.

I've just started reading the HW rules, and only have access to the stuff on the website.

It seems to me that the rules synopsis suffers from a typical blindness generated from overfamiliarity. Namely, there's nothing in the synopsis that explains the process of AP bidding. This "minor" oversight leaves readers unable to figure out how to actually USE the rules.

I've searched this group's archive without success. Could someone either

point me to an online resource that explains how AP actually work. email me an answer.
post it to this group, if it doesn't seem too basic a set of questions.

After many years off, I'm about to start a game, and I'm facing a bit of a deadline before play starts. Anyone know if the "March 2000" release date for HW is still solid?

If anyone is interested, there's info on my campaign at

http://homepage.mac.com/mdawson

Mike Dawson
(Yes, THAT Mike Dawson)
email me if I owe you money.