Re: HW release date?

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 11:24:51 -0500

Catherine and Rich Spainhour wrote:

> Hi, all.
>
> Anyone have the scoop on the Hero Wars release date? As of this A.M.,
> glorantha.com still says March 00, but no date given...and we've only got 10
> days left....
>
> Dunno about everyone else, buy I'm REALLY anxious to get my hands on the
> boxed set.
>
> --Rich

Here's the current scoop -- the GTA newsletter. I was able to talk to Greg at GAMMA and he says we're on schedule.

Jeff Kyer

Dear GTA Member,

Hey, I see that the web site is a little bit behind and so are these newsletters. Well, that's the result of being a 1-man company on deadline
to get the equivalent of 5 books done at the same time.

APRIL FOR HERO WARS
Hero Wars will be released in April, even if it has some of the normal delays, and even if it has some more surprise delays. I'll try to retell this publication saga at Convulsion this summer. Let's see, Lawyer Story then the Rune Story and then the Race Against Time�

Curious how the biz works? Here is the time schedule. Mar 29th or so: proofs are approved, sent back to printer Apr 3, printing starts
Apr 14, printing finished
Apr 18, books arrives at warehouse
Apr 20th, GTA copies are shipped off
Apr 25, Distributors Copies shipped off

April '00, HeroWars begin!

King of Dragon Pass wins Award!
The guy who is running this thing and got Bill Gates to contribute prize money gave a little speech before handing out the prizes. He kept comparing
these games and this year's game designers to the people that did Blair Witch. Some of the winners last year, anyway, went on and sold big. This was the 2nd Independent Games Festival. King of Dragon Pass won "Best Visual Art" category, which is great. There
is no other game like it of course. If you haven't seen it you might want
to. Greg sez: "It's a look right into Glorantha." See it at http://a-sharp.com/kodp/

Issaries is Moving.
The whole collective is moving from this building where Chaosium has been
for 15 years to a warehouse on the former Oakland Army base.

Effective April 3:

Issaries, inc.
900 Murmansk Street, Suite 5
Oakland, CA 94607
(510) 452 1648

Demonstration Package Available
At GTS we will begin handing out the Retailer Demonstration Kit. Thanks to
the great help of Steve Martin its on time and quite nice. It is a 28-page
booklet. Pull out the staples and it comes into parts, some for the gamemaster, some for the players, and so on. Many of you have volunteered to demonstrate a game locally. This is the item to do it with. You have to have a store that you know about where you
can play. I can send it to you, or else you will instead (I hope) down load
it from the web site. It's not there right now because I am at GTS, but it
will soon.

Little Scenarios Wanted
We're looking for little scenarios for starting gamemasters to use when they play Hero Wars. It's much easier than it seems at first, especially if
you use the short form narrative method. A complex one would be comparable
to the samples that are provided in the Narrator's Book (and online).

Those Scenarios are Available Now
Some people reported trouble getting a hold of the scenarios online. It has
been fixed. Try again.

New Web Site Coming
You all know the Glorantha site, of course. We have always been immensely
proud of it.
You have seen some changes, like adding Kim Englund's links site, that upgraded it considerably.
More, however, is coming. Nils Weinander is our sysop these days. He's the
guy who's been keeping it updated with news and monthly material. There's more! Nils has been burning those midnight hours preparing a new site. And sine he's in Sweden you know how long those midnight hours are,
and it's going to be a great site.
Hero Wars will be featured prominently of course. The new site will have new materials about the game, FAQ and so on; new Hero Bands, new cults, strange gods like Urox.
In addition we have been saving up lots of very unusual stuff to show off
under the Spotlight section.
Watch for it!

April! April, '00!!

Greg Stafford