Re: Bad Guy Hero Points

From: Hibbs, Philip <philip.hibbs_at_...>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 16:49:55 -0000

>Of course, if this is where you bid your Hero Point. Remember,
>NPC's can have them too. Often, they can have quite a few...

I'm not sure about NPCs having Hero Points. They already have a big built-in advantage, in that very little goes wrong for them when the PCs aren't around. They never have to roll to sneak into the king's castle and abduct his daughter, and how many times have you started a scenario, rolled on the NPC's "Hatch evil plot" ability, fumbled, and ended the game session? IMO, a major NPC can be considered to have spent as many Hero Points as she is willing to spend in off-stage activity already.

If bad guys start using HPs against characters, the players are just going to complain that the referee is trying to rob them of their own HPs.

Philip Hibbs http://www.snark.freeserve.co.uk/ Opinions expressed may not even be my own, let alone those of any organisations, nations, species, or schools of thought to which I may be affiliated.