Re: AP's and switching in combat

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_Brooke_at_...>
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2000 22:11:32 +0100

Andrew wrote:

> I recall seeing somewhere that the AP bid should match the stated
action...
> What is Cyrano doing that is so spectacularly dangerous so as to justify a
> large AP bid?

It sounds to me like he's trying to come up on the spur of the moment with a witticism *so* witty that an enraged troll with a maul will collapse in humiliation rather than try to knock his head off.

That sounds pretty dangerous to me.

But, as Roderick pointed out earlier, even a phenomenal success is not going to injure or kill the troll. (It will wound his pride, hurt his self-esteem, shrivel his personality -- but no blood). Whereas a complete cock-up will result in Cyrano taking a maul-blow to the head, the impact thereof being calculated according to his high AP bid. That could hurt a lot.

Cheers, Nick