Re: AP's and switching in combat

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 09:32:08 -0500

Steve Lieb wrote:

> in re: switching skills in combat for munchkin reasons, I've snipped
> Andrew's post, as I basically think it's good and I have nothing to add.
>
> But what about changing skills for good and valid reasons? Even when
> you switch the player bidding, this may happen, and not just for
> ruleslawyering. I'm still not real sure of when you get to reset AP's
> and when not (and why).

Basically, you ONLY reset AP at the start of a new scene. You have to have time to sit down and take a breather. or, if you're PUMPED to the nines, you slowly come down off your 'combat high'

Switching skills, if a valid case, is no penalty but does not generate any new APs for you. However, the new situation could change or save your life.

I'm sure others will post a more succinct description but that's the Rule Of Thumb I am using for my demos.

Jeff "Sheepstealer" Kyer