Re: Sorry, I'm missing something.

From: M.Dawson <mdawson_at_...>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 07:55:31 -0800

"kyer, jeffrey" <jeff.kye-_at_...> wrote: original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/hw-rules/?start=582

> And if your opponents bid is x, you automatcially match his bid on HIS
> action. Just as he matches you on YOUR action.

This was the part I was missing. I thought each side bid whatever they wanted--not that youhad to match the bidder's bid.

So what happens when Kost the Tracker bids 50 on his Hide Tracks and Bigmouth the Rubble Runner Broo only has 20 on his Sniff skill? Bigmouth can only bid 20, right?

> > On an unrelated issue, how does someone determine the base Close
Combat
> > and Missle Combat value in charactger generation? The posted
chapters
> > don't mention anything about it. And what are the /# ratings in the
> > combat section of Kallai's online character sheet?
>
> I use it as being the best value of any combat skills given in the
> keyword.

This doesn't seem to be the way it is in Kallai's character. Close combat is a broad reaching number that specific skills are based on, but those specific skills are greater than the Close Combat skill. To do otherwise would suggest that everyone could be a general weaponmaster.

> Jeff Kyer

Thanks Jeff!