Re: Further on 'generic skills'

From: Andrew Dawson <asmpd_at_...>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 20:20:25 -0500

I am not the canon master, but I have a few problems with the math in this write up:

At 02:33 PM 03/27/2000 +0100, Richard Develyn wrote:
>For example:
>
>I have Strength 14 but I don't have Arm Wrestle. I use my Strength at -6 to
>Arm Wrestle and at the end of the session earn hero points.
>
>To increase my Strength from 14 to 15 will cost me 4 points (including
>cementing the benefit).

Improve Ability by +1 (Related to session) - 1 HP

Cementing the benefit only applies to benefits gained in a game session and is used to ensure that the benefits don't fade away. If you are given a free boost of +1 Strength during the game session, then you use 1 HP to cement it. If you are buying any character development, you don't need to cement it.

>Instead, I could gain Arm Wrestle at 14, which will cost 2 points (including
>cementing the benefit). Gaining the Arm Wrestle skill doesn't cost double
>the points.

Learn ... a subset of an ability at the current ability rating (Related to session) - 1

There is no cementing as mentioned above.

Later,
Andy