Re: Stuff I'd like to see

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 09:27:36 -0500

Michael Cule wrote:

> <<Crossposted to the hw-rules list and to the Glorantha Digest>>
>
> I was going through my old RQ materials when I came across an article by
> one Bruce Dresselhaus written as publicity for the release of RQ3 (It's
> in HEROES Vol 1 No 5). In it he describes being a playtester for RQ3 and
> says that their adventures:
>
> ....spanned from the Genertela wastes to the Tunneled Hills, Pavis, the
> Holy Country, Seshnela, the Jrusteli Isles and Pamaltela. Most of these
> journeys were part of a mighty quest to avert the end of the third age
> [and therefore the end of the world]. Our group had included Human
> warriors, sorcerers, priests of white, black, red and blue, a High Llama
> rider, dark trolls, trollkin, dwarves, a morokanth, elves, ducks and a
> human-turned-lizardman.
>
> He goes on to speak of prophecies and heroquests and being offered
> peanuts by boggles.
>
> Now, isn't that just the sort of adventure you want? Grand scale, lots
> to see and already available in house? Any chance that any part of that
> would be available for HW?
>
> --
> Michael Cule

Shouldn't be any reason why not.

If nothing else, I just found out what The Arming Of Orlanth does to unsuspecting players. (Here kid, be Orlanth for a few minutes... You only have to hold off the Bat for 'a couple of seconds'

But the Ritual and Otherworld magic seems to support some very 'big ticket' events. And can let you go back to see some very nasty ones, up close and personal. And from some of the adventure seeds that are being written for the various cultural books, you will be able to particpate (to some extent) in the big events that change the world. You get to help out with the big stuff... and even do the big stuff yourself.

Hope this helps.

Jeff