Re: HW FAQ, bidding questions

From: Steve Lieb <styopa_at_...>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 16:54:24 -0800

"kyer, jeffrey" <jeff.kye-_at_...> wrote:
> The bid IS comesurate with your stated intentions. You bid what you
> want, but the Narrator judges what you are doing. If you want to bid
> more than 1/2 your AP you should be doing something flashy, risky,
> dangerous and neat.

One thing I've considered is to also use certain minimum bids (plus a handicap) for special tricks, that possibly only skilled users would attempt (talking about combat specifically).

Frex trying to disarm the opponent (without having a special skill, which I guess is always a possibility) - you might have to have a minimum of 15AP bid, with a handicap of 10, meaning that 1) you have to be pretty good to even bother trying 2) a success will effectively either end the contest or impose a significant handicap on the opponent for all subsequent exchanges. A failure could screw you completely.

Does this make sense? What are the ramifications of this?