Re: A simple AP question

From: Richard Develyn <Richard.Develyn_at_...>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 11:03:55 +0100

From: Hibbs, Philip [mailto:philip.hibbs_at_...]
<me>case 2) Oscar uses WR, GT replies with Obstinate.
<me>        When it's GT's go, he uses Maul and Oscar uses Dodge.
<me>
<me>If case (2) is possible, which of the skills are used to calculate AP?

>Whoever goes first gets to decide the skill that APs are based on. As to
who
>goes first, if there is any doubt, then it's been suggested that you roll a
>simple contest of "quick reactions", "fast", or whatever.

This 'who goes first' thing seems to be inordinately important, IMO.

Assume, for the sake of argument, that Oscar's WR and GT's Maul are their best abilities by a long way and that they will choose to use them even with improvisation penalties.

(And, after all, improvisation penalties don't affect AP (do they?))

Assume that the two skills are roughly equal.

Now WR as a response to Maul is as appropriate as Maul is a response to WR (IMO, or, at least, let's say so for the sake of argument),so whoever gets to go first will force the other chap to take on the improv penalty, a penalty which could totally swing the contest.

So it seems (rather too) important to go first.

Or .... am I missing something.

Richard