Re: HW vs. AD&D

From: Michael Cule <mikec_at_...>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 18:26:17 +0100

>Graham J Robinson wrote:

>> Can anyone explain to me why people keep saying Hero Wars is like AD&D?
>>
>> I mean, apart from the d20 and they're both rpgs, can anyone name one
>> single similarity?

Basically just a piece of lazy thinking that got perpetuated. A stupid meme that won't go away. There are no perceptible similarities.

In its character generation and character development HW reminds me of OVER THE EDGE. In its putting genre and style over simulation it reminds me of FENG SHUI (unsurprisingly). Its central game mechanism reminds me of nothing on Earth but itself....

--
Michael Cule