Re: Example of play

From: Philippe Krait <philippe.krait_at_...-csf.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 11:09:35 +0100

Roderick and Ellen Robertson wrote:

> >not too sure a Wound is worse than 7AP loss anyway, funny rule...

I think taht a -1 wound is much better than losing 7 AP, which seems a bit strange to me. Maybe a -2 wound effect would be better ?

> You can whittle your opponent's ability rating down, a very valid and useful
> tactic, especially if he is close to a mastery-boundary!

Sorry, I don't like this explanation, which smacks of rule-abuse. Why should a wound be more debilitating to someone who has achived his mastery that to somebody who is close to it (or the reverse if you look at it) ? There is no good reason for that, story-wise, only a rule-effect. This is not a good tactic for the character, it's a tactic for the player...

Also, it seems a bit strange, especially when you consider the fact that, sometimes, having 19 is better than 1w, in which case, giving a wound give an advantage to your opponent...

The only advantage I can see with wounds is that it affects all abilities. So if your adversary has feared magic abilities that he could use during the fight (espceially if he becomes desperate), it might be worthwhile reducing these abilities (especially if they are low, one reason for him not to have used them at the start of the fight; this also works story-wise, btw, if you think upon it).

Philippe