Re: Multiple Magic Systems

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 08:13:23 -0800

> Here's a general question: Can a Theist also become skilled in Sorcery or
> Animistic practice. Let's say for the sake of argument that the character
> is a Theist first, but is one of the few who has the ability to have a
fetch.

Yes, it is possible. Some cultures mix magic systems, and suffer for it. As an individual you would face increased resistance in the Other Side for not following a single system. We don't really cover how to go from one system to another, but it is about as world-wrenching to you as becoming Illuminated (without the cool side-effects).

There is a section in the Advanced Magic chapter about mixing magical systems, and why you don't want to do it if you can help it.

Roderick