Re: Example of play

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 08:37:27 -0800

Mike Dawson wrote:

> Time for Bravery! Instead of submitting to the AP loss, defeat and
> falling
> to the ground woozy, you can choose to accept wounds. Each wound "soaks
> up" 7 AP, so 1 wound stops all the AP loss.

This is a novel interpretation. The rule was intended to allow the *winner* to choose to do a wound instead of AP loss.

Part of my logic behind this rule was that when you're attacking someone with many APs, it's better to reduce their chance to act directly. Part of it was to allow a fight to end with both participants wounded (I wanted to simulate a fight scene from Njall's Saga).

If you really want the recipient to stave off being driven to zero and out of the contest, I think your house rule should involve turning some smaller amount into a wound, like 3 or 5. (Or even d6.)

David Dunham     A Sharp     david_at_...
Voice/Fax: 206 783 7404     http://a-sharp.com
Efficiency is intelligent laziness.