Re: Example of play

From: Steve Lieb <styopa_at_...>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 10:53:27 -0800

> If you really want the recipient to stave off being driven to zero
> and out of the contest, I think your house rule should involve
> turning some smaller amount into a wound, like 3 or 5. (Or even d6.)

This might be a novel addition to the canon. If you win, you can alternately force your opponent to take a wound in lieu of 7AP's.
If you lose, you have the option of taking one ^or more^ wounds for a saving of 4 AP each.

I.e. the Humakti holding off the walktapus to let his friends escape - "I can't let him scare me away/incapacitate/knock me off the cliff (end the contest, in rulespeak) yet, my friends aren't safe! He's slapped me a nasty tentacle slap but I'll stand here and take it no matter how much I'm hurt"

Does this make sense? The defender obviously has more flexibility in whether they continue to participate, at a higher cost.