Re: Big

From: Mikael Raaterova <ginijji_at_...>
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2000 23:13:45 +0200

>The Large numbers are lower than I expected: they
>seem to mean that a notably big starting PC (Hefty 13) is almost as
>large as a gorilla, and (if the sample resistances in the rulebook
>haven't changed) a clan strongman could lift an elephant. If 1-20 is
>the non-expert human scale, a troll or a man-and-a-half of SIZ 20
>should be into the W1 range, I'd have thought.

As i interpret the HW rules, a trait like 'large' or 'size' doesn't actually/primarily say how large the creature is. The value after the trait represents how good the creature is at using its size to its own advantage.

A human with 'big' 2ww is bigger than an ordinary human but still nowhere near as large as a rhino. The trait rating merely means that he's very good at putting his size to good and effective use.

--
-
Mikael Raaterova        [.sig omitted on legal advice]