Re: Collecting the PAQ - Short Answer

From: Alexandre Lanciani <alexanl_at_...>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2000 12:03:26 +0200

> > Roderick: Will the Introduction to Glorantha clear up all of
> the ambiguous
> > abilities? (If it does, that is a partial solution, though it
> requires the
> > purchase of another book just to have the core rules.)
>
> No.
>
> I edited it before I started on HW, and it does not cover
> game-system stuff.
>
> RR

        But if it contains stories which describe (albeit not explain from a mechanical POV) those ambiguous feats then for me it's enough.

        Say, a story where [insert famous hero's name] performs the Sunset Leap or the Run over Mud, that the player can read to be inspired and use imaginatively his character's powers.

        After all, what's important to know is IMVHO how the character perceives the magical effect, and this is not something which RQ3 explained very well... Indeed, it did not explain it all! I started to understand what spirit magic looked like after SiP, and how rituals worked after the excerpt form Harmast's Saga.

        And I repeat it: IMO it's appropriate that each hero performs the feat in his own way. So there is no point in having a rigid mechanical description.

        Maybe for Sorcery spells it would be more appropriate: after all they are supposed to be more definite. So to those who write the books about sorcery-based cultures, please: explain sorcery a little better than the rulebook does! ;)

	Cheers,
	A long answering Alex.