Re: Re: Big

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2000 21:39:20 +0100

On Tue, 4 Apr 2000 15:15:12 EDT, TTrotsky_at_... wrote:

> No, its a general Large stat, the same as that for other creatures.
>They're all on the same scale, or what would be the point?
Good :)

>Wulf:
>
><<Trot sky,>>
>
> Using a spell checker? ;-)

Dead right :) Even saw it do it, just didn't think to stop...

><< if it's not too late to reconsider, I think it would be a good idea to
>increase human averages to 13

> Not without changing the rules, IMO. As most humans (even PCs) won't
>have a Strong rating, it follows that the average must be 6. Unless they're
>going to change all the keywords in the rulebook, which might be tad
>difficult now its at the printers...

That's fine, I've considered the repercussions of a 13 average, and I don't like the possible uses for Edges. Would you agree the same would apply to Ugly/beautiful, Weak/Strong, Clumsy/Agile, etc? Lifting things with an average Strong of 6 is a problem, but occasionally I can see a need for a 'pure' unrelated stat.

Wulf