Re: Big

From: TTrotsky_at_...
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 14:37:52 EDT

In a message dated 4/5/00 11:03:18 GMT Daylight Time, hw-rules_at_egroups.com writes:

<< > Not without changing the rules, IMO. As most humans (even PCs) won't
>have a Strong rating, it follows that the average must be 6. Unless they're
>going to change all the keywords in the rulebook, which might be tad
>difficult now its at the printers...

 That's fine, I've considered the repercussions of a 13 average, and I don't like the possible uses for Edges. Would you agree the same would apply to Ugly/beautiful, Weak/Strong, Clumsy/Agile, etc? >>

     All abilities have a modal average of 6, since any given person is unlikely to have them. Certainly I would agree that Ugly and Beautiful should have the same relationship to each other as Large and Small. The others are trickier, because its difficult to see what a Weak or Clumsy ability could actually *do* in HW ('get out of work by claiming feebleness' perhaps?). But in principle, yes, the same would apply.

<<Lifting things with an average Strong of 6 is a problem, >>

     Depends how heavy you make the things ;-) Also remember that you might be able to use other abilities to lift things, with an appropriate improv modifier - e.g. tough, strong-willed, perhaps even a strength-related skill like 'blacksmith' (with quite a *large* modifier in that last case, I'll grant you).

Forward the glorious Red Army!
Trotsky