Re: Re: Moon Magic Modifiers

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 13:42:41 -0700

> << >Does a Lunar cultist who has not learned the secret >of her cult *not*
> get the x1.5 boost on Full Moon Day?
>
> I think you're misinterpreting it - everyone gets x1.5 outside the
glowline
> on full moon day, but inside the glowline, only the secret knowledge
allows
> x1.5 on full moon day. >>

Inside the Glowline the magic does not fluctuate (yes, the moon still turns, so all good Lunars can see the cycle of the moon, but the effect on magic is null)
All Lunar magicians have their normal chance of casting magic (of whatever type) except:
Lunar magicians who have learned their cult Secret have 1.5x chance of casting spells.

Outside the glowline the magic fluctuates as we all know and love. All lunar magicians (whether they know the secret or not) follow the cycle of the moon as far as power goes.

So my Lunar YT initiate has 18 in his Military Magic Affinity. If he never leaves the Glowline, he will be able to use it at 18 at all times. If he leaves the Glowline, it will fluctuate (5, 9, 18, 27, 18, 9, 5) according to the phase of the moon.

If he learns his cult secret (minimum of 1w2 in each affinity, plus 3 HP), his ability rating will be 1.5 normal while inside the Glowline. It will fluctate as normal outside the gowline.

> So a typical Lunar worshipper's magic gets *worse* if she steps
inside
> the Glowline on a Full Moon day? Seems pretty absurd to me...

Yep, all hail that wacky Red Moon....

Roderick