Re: Re: one off feats & other rules

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Sat, 08 Apr 2000 18:41:54 +0100

On Fri, 7 Apr 2000 21:09:40 -0700, David Dunham <dunham_at_...> wrote:

>> And worse, how many cats could it carry? How many Small 'x' can it
>> carry? Can my Weak 12 cat drag a Small 10 dog out of sight?
>
>Who cares? (Well, you care...) It carries as many as makes sense for
>the story at hand. (I think any amount of cats that could overburden
>a pony are going to be trouble in other ways first...) Hero Wars
>isn't a mechanical simulation of the world. It's a set of rules to
>help you tell dramatic stories. In a dramatic story, either the pony
>can carry the sack of cats or it can't.
Well, I agree the rules as so far presented are vague, and reliant on arbitrary referee decisions on minimal evidence,but I'm sure with enough work we can shoehorn some realism in there...

>If there were some circumstance where APs were combined (so that only
>one of the people were actually rolling), then if someone left, I'd
>probably deduct their full APs from the previous total. But I can't
>imagine such a circumstance.

Here's a few...

'You! Go get help!'
'You! We'll hold them off, go warn the village!'
'You! Don't let that one get away, follow it!'
'You! Help them out, they've lost too many men!'

...and that assumes your followers are suicidal nutters who'll stick around when it's obvious they'll never walk away after the fight is over!

Wulf